Harpagochromis sp. "orange rock hunter"

Paul B
Ville/City : Newton Abbot - Devon

Harpagochromis sp. "orange rock hunter"

Message par Paul B »

Thought i would start the 'english' speaking section off with a few pictures of fish that are looking nice at the moment.
ORH

Youenn
Ville/City : Palaiseau

Re: Harpagochromis sp. "orange rock hunter"

Message par Youenn »

Haplochromis sp. "orange rock hunter"

Please follow this:
Harpagochromis Greenwood [P. H.] 1980:10 [ref. 1899]. Masc. Hemichromis serranus Pfeffer 1896. Type by original designation. •Valid as Harpagochromis Greenwood 1980 -- (Poll & Gosse 1995:279 [ref. 24781]). •Synonym of Haplochromis Hilgendorf 1888 -- (van Oijen et al. 1991:100 [ref. 20956]). Current status: Synonym of Haplochromis Hilgendorf 1888. Cichlidae: Pseudocrenilabrinae.
La chose la plus miséricordieuse en ce bas monde est l'incapacité de l'esprit humain à mettre en corrélation toutes les informations qu'il contient.[Howard Phillips Lovecraft]

warner
Ville/City : 24100 La Force

Message par warner »

Very, very nice fish indeed
Il faut faire des enfants quand on est vieux, on les emmerde moins longtemps (Desproges)

jiji18
Ville/City : 36210

Message par jiji18 »

Hello Paul ,
Or beautiful photo for species (H. chilotes Zue Island / H. sp. orange rock hunter ) which are rare in the hobby haplochrominien ;)
And I ask myself the question about the colors of the fisch , the predominant red color :?: comes from the camera settings :?: or the food :?:
What I want to say , in the future enthusiats who maintain this species come ask us for who and why the color are different :?:
Friendly .
J-Jacques 8-)

Paul B

Message par Paul B »

In what way are the colours different ?
The pictures were taken within 1 day or so of breeding,from day to day usually a little more subdued.
I will show you a male savaugei i collected from Eric soon, almost completely red !!!
This must be diet and water/filtration (?)

Youenn
Ville/City : Palaiseau

Message par Youenn »

H,

More red than usual but might be because intense breeding color.
And the kind of camera play also a lot :)

But very, very impressive fish!!!!
La chose la plus miséricordieuse en ce bas monde est l'incapacité de l'esprit humain à mettre en corrélation toutes les informations qu'il contient.[Howard Phillips Lovecraft]

Paul B

Message par Paul B »

Sorry for the delay,
I have been intending to list camera (nikon d5000 and T5 lighting give a light orange appearance)
And for food i feed,for many years now i use a small granular food to grow up young fish, one green - Spirulina and one red - Astaxanthin at 1-2 millimetre
also i use new life spectrum and Cyclops-eez

just recently there has been a floating stick/pellet available for larger fish which i have fed both the chilotes and ORH as well as chopped up prawns once a week.
occasionally frozen mosquito larvae

! the sticks are not good for neochromis and the cyaneus is not doing very good with it !

Paul B

Message par Paul B »

this sp.'ruby green' was saved from one of the females i took to Lille with me and has been fed the food mentioned.
BUT again was in the act of breeding.

Paul B

Message par Paul B »

ORH in the act of breeding

chalamala
Ville/City : La Louvière

Message par chalamala »

What a stunning predator ! Are the other fishes (latifasciatus etc... ) not in danger in their company ? :o
"D'où l'homme tire-t-il l'arrogance de tripoter un écosystème dont le fragile équilibre a nécessité une si longue co-évolution ?" (Tijs Goldschmidt, "Le Vivier de Darwin")

Répondre